I’m not a huge late night talkshow guy, but I love the Top Ten lists that David Letterman has always done. I used to set my VCR to tape just the first 2o minutes or so, just so I could catch the Top Ten. Then I discovered this website and stopped wasting videotapes. Remember videotapes? I recently tried to explain them to my 5- and 7-year-old kids, who literally have no concept of the term “rewind.” But I digress….
In honor of the Top Ten lists, here, presented in countdown format, are the top ten most-requested DVDs for the first quarter of 2011.
10. Taking Care of Business – A Life Lessons classic. Just be sure to check out the Notes For Leaders on the series page.
9. Three Shadows of the Passion – Makes sense, since this is the only Easter-specific message series we have.
8. Playing God – This one also saw an uptick, due in part to the fact that part 4 was the Easter message in 2007.
6. White Flag – We can all learn something about surrender from the most famous of runners. Not Pheidippides, not Steve Prefontaine. Jonah—the man who ran from God.
5. Balanced – It’s a law of economics: the economy goes down, and the request for financial curriculum goes up.
4. Faith, Hope and Luck – They say it’s better to be lucky than good. They also say ya gotta have faith. What do “they” know?
3. Game Plan – The newest series available for Life Lessons groups. Still popular, even though the football-themed graphics seem out of place in April.
2. Time of Your Life – Another new-ish series, this was the 5th-most-requested series of 2010. It appears to be gaining on the #1 series of 2010:
And the #1 series of the first quarter of 2011 is…
What about you? Which have been your favorite series? Add your comments here.